ESTATE PLANNING ATTORNEY in VILLA PARK, OC CA
Estate planning is the process of using estate planning vehicles, such as wills and trusts to legally protect and distribute personal and corporate assets, as well as add a layer of protect the health and welfare of certain individuals.
Estate Planning Vehicles & Techniques Available:
- Wills & Living Wills
- HIPAA Declaration
- Powers of Appointment
- Beneficiaries & Beneficiary Designations
- Property Ownership (Joint Tenancy with Rights of Survivorship, Tenancy in Common, Tenancy by the Entirety)
- Powers of Attorney (Durable Financial Power of Attorney, Durable Medical Power of Attorney, Health Care Power of Attorney)
Good estate planning focuses on taking care of you while you are well and providing you with the right tools, so you can indirectly retain control, while disabled. After you have passed on, good estate planning allows you to give what you want to whom you want when you want and in the manner that you want.
Estate planning allows one to:
- Maintain control of property while alive
- Take care of yourself, your spouse, any dependents and any other loved ones if become disabled
- Give what you have to whom you want, the way your want, and when you want
- Legally protect your assets from any tax, professional fee, and court cost
Gerard W. O’Brien & Associates strives to provide caring and compassionate client service. We want our clients to know that we are here to take care of them rather than sending them out the door with “documents”.
Gerard W. O’Brien counsels clients on ways to accomplish their goals including:
- Ensure a surviving spouse has the ability to maintain his or her lifestyle with the least restrictions
- Implement a disability protection plan that isn’t contingent upon a financial institution accepting your General Durable Power of Attorney
- Minimize potential family conflicts regarding decisions about your healthcare and property distributions
- Ensure your children are raised by your choice of guardian
- Protect a surviving spouse from creditors, disgruntled son/daughter-in-laws divorcing out of the family, and bad judgment
- Protect a child’s inheritance from divorce, creditors, and “sudden wealth syndrome”
- Ensure business continuity or maxime the value upon the sale of the business after the death or disability of the owner
- Avoid unnecessary costs, delays, and loss of privacy associated with probate
- Leave a charitable legacy
- Eliminate estate taxes
Gerard W. O’Brien & Associates also focuses on helping business owners plan for the “unique” transfer issues they are presented with and achieve their ultimate goal of taking care of family members. We also handle conservatorship proceedings and Medicaid qualification planning services for elderly clients and their families.
ESTATE PLANNING | Reduce Estate Tax, Create Successor Trustee or Beneficiary, Protect Your Family & Assets, Reduce Family Disharmony. Important documents: Power of Attorney for Health Care, HIPAA Declaration, and Living Will.
POWER OF ATTORNEY | General, Limited, Durable, Springing, Financial, Medical
PROBATE & TRUSTS | Orange County, CA, Probate Administration, Trust Fund Attorney.
BUSINESS PLANNING | Develop Systematic Process to Increase Revenue, Decrease Costs and Protect Assets
RETIREMENT PLANNING | Qualified Planner, Employee Benefits, Pensions, Protect Business Assets.
ASSET PROTECTION ATTORNEY | Legal Asset Protection Attorney Services for Living Trust, Family Limited Partnership, LLC & Lawsuit Protection.
TAX PLANNING | Personal & Business Tax Planning for Retirement & Deferred Tax Plans.
CHARITABLE TRUSTS & GIFT PLANNING | Legal Plannning for Giving Donations to Trusts, Foundations & Non-Profit Organizations.
PRIVATE FOUNDATIONS | Creating a Charitable Trust, 501c3 Tax Exempt Status
ELDER & SENIOR LAW
Gerard W. O'Brien - Estate Planning Attorney in Orange County including: Anaheim & Anaheim Hills, Brea, Buena Park, Cypress, Fountain Valley, Fullerton, Garden Grove, La Habra, La Palma, Los Alamitos, Orange, Placentia, Seal Beach, Stanton, Tustin, Villa Park, Westminter, Yorba Linda and other cities in Orange County, CA.